Monday 13 May 2013

Being a runner on Scopia 11th May 2013



On Thursday My college tutor, showed us a trailer for the film Scopia directed by Chris Butler, then he said that they needed 4 runners this Saturday from 5 pm - 2 am, I then sent an email telling Mel that I was interested, I then had an email back from the Line Producer telling me the location and times.

when I arrived on Location I  met the producer Steven Flynn, I was then assigned to the art department, the first job I had to do was move new looking wood from one side of a big bonfire to the other, this was to make the fire look more authentic, as soon as I had completed that job I asked Dave head of set design what I needed to do next, next I painted a wooden board black, this would later be used to stop light reflection. Next I helped with breaking up sticks for a pyre, I did this for quite a long time as a lot needed to be broken up. (when you are runner never complain, always ask what you can do next, be enthusiastic)

when it got dark, we started shooting as the scene was a night shot, my job was to make sure the actors were warm after every shot, this meant I had to carry around blankets and hot water bottles for the actors, after each shot was complete I passed them their hot water bottle and blankets. while the action was happening I watched the camera team, the cinematographer was Charlie Herranz who has worked on quite a few feature films ads and music videos, they were shooting on a RED ONE camera. it took them a few tries to get the shot that they wanted as the fire in the shot kept going down, the fire was the only source of light being used. we did this for most of the night.

overall it was a great first experience as a runner on feature film, its great to be able to see how everyone works together and to be a part of that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment